2021/2022 Manhattan 2nd Semester Traffic Ed.Instructor: Allen Sevareid (406) 580-9855 email@example.comThis Traffic Education course will start January 19th, 2022, and will be completed by the end of school’s second semester (June 3rd, 2022).Qualifications
- The student must turn 15 years old by July 19th, 2022.
- The student must be able to attend all class sessions except for cases of extreme illness or family emergencies. NO ABSENCES CAN BE ALLOWED FOR VACATIONS, ATTENDANCE OF SCHOOL ACTIVITIES, OR OTHER EVENTS.
- The student must be able to schedule a minimum of twelve hours for driving and in-car observation (Six 2 to 3 hour time blocks). These hours are in addition to the class time and are scheduled to be completed by the end of the course. Completion of all six drive times is required to pass the course and obtain your learner’s license.
- January 19th, 2022, 6:00 - 7:00 PM mandatory Parent Meeting (Child must also come to this meeting)
- Class times will be every Monday and Wednesday from 7:00pm – 9:00pm. We came up with this schedule the 1st semester and it has worked out pretty well, so I think we will keep this schedule. I will have class schedules for everyone at the Parent Meeting. The drives will be scheduled at the first two nights of class. Drive times will usually be before class and on Saturdays, with some extra days as needed.
- The students will be responsible for signing up for their drive times during class.
Students who have difficulty with reading or have special learning needs should realize that extra help may not be available.
The class size will be a maximum of 20 students. In case of overload, priority will be given to the in-district students and the older students who live in our school district. Parents will be informed of their child’s enrollment at the parent meeting!
Because of the large number of last-minute cancellations in the past, all students selected for the course must pay the $350.00 enrollment fee by the Parent Meeting January 19th, 2022. If any students chosen for the course do not meet the payment deadline, the oldest on the waiting list will be notified and will be enrolled upon payment of the $350.00.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED, RETURN THE BOTTOM PORTION OF THIS APPLICATION OR PICTURE OF THE BOTTOM PORTION OF THIS APPLICATION TO THE INSTRUCTOR BY NOON January 19th , 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org. KEEP THE TOP PORTION FOR YOUR RECORDS!
**There will be a mandatory parent meeting for those whose children are accepted into the program on Wednesday, January 19th, 2022 at 6:00 P.M. (in the commons area at Manhattan High School). Please bring your child’s Certified Birth Certificate and Social Security Cards. Thank you for supporting your child as they grow into responsible drivers.
DETACH AND RETURN BOTTOM PORTION
2021/2022 2nd SEMESTER TRAFFIC EDUCATION APPLICATION
(DEADLINE – January 19th, 2022)
PHONE # _________________________________________
We have read the information concerning Summer Traffic Ed. and wish to participate in accordance with the requirements._____________________________________ ___________________________________________SIGNATURE OF STUDENT SIGNATURE OF PARENT/GUARDIAN